Monday, December 3, 2012

Today's Organic Beauty Buy is....

S.W Basics of Brooklyn
(Formally known as 'Sprout')
Cleanser £15

I like the S.W Basics Cleanser. It's grown on me, it is simple, effective and surprisingly gentle on the skin. It smells of fresh roses and only uses three ingredients (rosewater, glycerin and tea tree). This macro, organic cleanser certainly stands out from the crowd, with it's cool packaging and funky personality. I think so many men and women have been craving a product like this for so long. It is organic, ethically sourced and still manages to keep its funky, urban style (it looks very cool on the bathroom shelf). I do, however,  have a couple of little niggles with this product; it stings a little bit when it gets in my eyes and even though I've been using it for about two weeks I am already half way through the bottle...eek! I wouldn't mind if it was more around £7.50 price point but at £15 this is too expensive to run out of it so quickly. 7/10

http://store.swbasicsofbk.com/

5 comments:

  1. Hi!

    How does it work? Is it also a make up remover?

    Thanks!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clara, I just use it on a cotton pad and rinse off. It's great for a quick 'wash and go' but if you're after something for a deeper cleanse and slightly more high end I would recommend Emma Hardies Moringa cleanser which is amazing.
      I think S.W Basics do a remover too which is olive, almond and jojoba oil. Looks nice but I'm yet to give it a try :-)

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Sorry missed the 'how it works' part of your question.. Glycerine helps keep the skin moisturised as it draws moisture into your skin and holds it there. Rose oil is a great astringent and anti inflammatory and t-tree works as an antibacterial oil, that helps draw out the grime and kill any bacteria. The essential oils help preserve the cleanser so it lasts for about a year I think. Hope that helps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been meaning to try out products by Sprout skincare which is now S.W. Basics I believe? sucks that it runs out so quickly :(

    They sound so good with only less than 5 kitchen ingredients. Although less is more, the price point for what it is can be quite high (especially in comparison to Acure Organics which contain so much more almost half the price). But maybe the price really goes to supporting local ingredients and the fact that it's hand-made.

    Does Sprout have any stockist in the UK or did you have to buy it from the site?

    http://skjonnhet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, good to hear your thoughts. I saw the Sprout range in Selfridges yesterday so you can buy there if you're based in London. If not the website cutecosmetics.com also sells them. They are worth a try and they don't all run out quickly. The 'cream' is lasting for ages! I just found because of the type of bottle the cleanser is in it disappears very fast. Lovely packaging and I love how they are 100% organic and have managed to get into mainstream shops :-) also great, as you mention, that they support small farms and use some local ingredients. Let me know how you get on if you do decide to try them out.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete