Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Therapi Honey Skincare. A review.

A couple of months ago I was sent some products from a new organic skincare line called Therapi.
The line was created by apiarist Tanya Hawkes who wanted to create a highly therapeutic, organic skincare range using honey.
I am sure many of you already know that honey is a wonderful moisturiser. It has been used for thousands of years in many different cultures and is rich in nutrients and anti-oxidants. I often incorporate honey into my homemade masks and am a big fan of its moisturising effect on my skin.
I was intrigued to find out how effective the Therapi formulations would be if they contained honey.
Therapi has great eco credentials and gives 5% of profits to support the conservation of bees. Therapi is made in England and has certification from the soil association.
I have reviewed two of the products from their line; Rose Otto Honey Gel Cleanser and Orange Blossom Honey moisturiser. Here are my thoughts;


Rose Otto Honey Gel Cleanser 100ml £25
Nourishing for normal/dry skin
This has to be my favourite product from the line, I loved it. I usually stick to balm/oil cleansers as I find foaming/gel cleansers often strip my sensitive skin and leave it feeling tight and dry.
I think Therapi's gel cleanser is the first I have used in years that has the opposite effect.  The cleanser uses honey and yucca to gently lift grime and impurities, it is a honey coloured liquid (possibly a tad watery for my liking) and is dispensed through a beautiful, glass pump bottle.
When I used on my face it gently lathered into a soft foam. I have now been using it for 3 weeks and I haven't had any adverse effects, my skin is clear and well hydrated.
As much as I am a huge advocate for cleansing balms there is nothing quite like giving your face a good wash! This is a quick and easy alternative product to the balm cleansing systems if you have very sensitive skin. It has a subtle scent of rose and geranium essential oils and it feels like you're applying nothing but pure 'goodness'.
I also felt £25 was reasonably priced for the quality and quantity of this luxe, organic cleanser.



Orange Blossom Honey Moisturiser 50ml £30
Balancing
This is another great product from this range. I was a little worried when I saw I had been sent a moisturiser for 'normal' skin (as mine is anything but 'normal'...)
However, I liked this moisturiser. It was light, nourishing and gentle. It didn't cause any irritation or flare ups and it soaked in well. The moisturiser contains honey, calendula extract, sea buckthorn oil and orange blossom and if, like me, you're a sucker for beautiful scents then you will fall in love with this moisturiser. It smells of sweet, uplifting neroli and reminded me of wonderful trips to the south of France.
My only real negative point was the container. I am not a fan of jars for moisturisers (especially those that only have a 6 month shelf life and are easily contaminated). I would have preferred this moisturiser to be in an airtight pump jar instead (by the end of the first week using I already had bits of fluff, hair and dirt in it...)

This is a lovely organic skincare line. I really like the focus on honey and the fact bees & 'Britishness' are at the heart of the Therapi brand. If you are looking for a gentle, therapeutic, eco-concious skincare products then do try the Therapi line and let me know your thoughts.

http://www.beingcontent.com/filter/brand/therapi-honey-skincare.html/viewall

No comments:

Post a Comment