Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Orico Skincare London. A Review.


I have read a lot of press about Orico and then almost out of nowhere a little shop popped up just down the road from where I live on the Kings Road. I decided to go and investigate their products for myself.
Orico is the brainchild of Shirin Valipour a pioneer in natural and organic beauty who decided it was about time to create a brand that is modern, urban, ethical and suitable for life in the city - working against pollution, heating, air conditioning and stress. So does it live up to all the hype? Well,  yes I think it does. There are lots of things I really love about these products, however,  in terms of the packaging and look it just feels very sterile, certainly some people may appreciate this but it lacks the heart and connection with the therapeutic that Pai or Neal's Yard do so well. That, my friends, is my only real niggle with this brand.
The products are effective and functional, well priced and work well for city living. Perfect for men and women. They are very well formulated and well priced.


I went to the shop on the Kings Road and met a very friendly, helpful lady behind the counter who advised me on the three products that I would find most useful for my dry/ sensitive skin. These were: 'Streetwise' Hydrating Make-up Remover which doubles up as a gentle cleanser and the 'Streetwise' Oxygenating Day Cream and 'Skin Jive' Revving Body Exfoliator for my dry body. Here are my thoughts after two months of using the products.



Streetwise Hydrating Make-Up Remover Face and Eyes
75ml £14
This is a creamy, gentle cleanser/ make up remover and that I enjoyed using. My skin is quite sensitive and responded well to this cleanser, looking fresher and more hydrated after just a week of use. The ingredients include coconut oil, orange essential oil and aloe vera. I used this make up remover by gently massaging into the skin in circular motions and removing it with warm water and a muslin cloth. I liked how it was functional and perfect for everyday 'wash and go' use but I missed the luxe therapeutic element of some of my favourite cleansers by Pai and Emma Hardie. However, if you are a busy body with not much time on your hands this is perfect and so reasonably priced for a sophisticated organic formulation.


Streetwise Oxygenating Day Cream
75ml £26
A beautiful, light moisturiser perfect for dry and sensitive skin. It absorbed into my skin straight away and didn't feel greasy like other formulations. It contains Lysate extract which has the ability to increase oxygen intake in the cells increasing cell renewal and collagen, minimising stress to the skin and wrinkles. It also contains Argan and Macadamia oil to reduce wrinkles and prevent the skin ageing from environmental issues such as pollution, air conditioning etc.  Perfect for everyday use this left my skin feeling plumper, smoother and well hydrated. I added a drop of the 'Superico' face oil (30ml £28) which is rich in vitamins, omega oils, essential fatty acids and antioxidants to give a more luxe, moisture boost before bed and really loved the combination of the two products, the face oil smells wonderful too! This is a great, organic moisturiser for a fast paced lifestyle.

Skin Jive Revving Body Exfoliator
125ml £15
This was the only product I wasn't so keen on. For me it was too light and not rich enough for a body exfoliator (it felt more like a light facial exfoliator) it fell off my skin quite quickly when I used it in the shower and didn't give me the hydration and deep exfoliation I need in a body exfoliator. Personally, I love a good sugar or salt scrub so this exfoliator couldn't compete! However, like the other Orico products it is functional and reasonably priced. It contains Boabab (promoting skin renewal), Coconut and Aloe Vera.

I like Orico and think it works well for a busy, stressful, urban life. It is a great organic alternative to brands like Clinique or Avene.

I also love the fact Orico is an ethical, modern skincare company! Supporting the World Land Trust (a UK based conservation trust working in partnerships to save critically threatened habitats around the world). Orico products are Eco Cert, Cruelty Free and support the elimination of harmful chemicals in cosmetic products.

http://www.oricolondon.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. nice blog

    We believe it’s never too late or too early to begin taking care of your skin Our cosmetological solutions have been developed keeping in mind the general needs of your skin as well as the various problems that could possibly affect it.


    ReplyDelete
  2. The information is worth thinking over. I am really thankful to you for posting this blog.​ Helga Arminak

    ReplyDelete