Friday, November 9, 2012

Today's Organic Beauty Buy is....


Amala 
Blue Lotus Purifying Moisturizer
30ml £65
I've been using this Amala moisturizer for about a month. 100% of its ingredients are from natural origin and it is 70% organic.
I have enjoyed using this moisturizer. It is lightweight and yet very nourishing, which is great for me as I have dry skin but can get dermatitis around my chin if I use products that are too oily. I would recommend it for those of you with dry/combination skin.
How does Amala achieve this effect? Well, they use some beautiful ingredients such as Blue Lotus, Sea Algae and Tiger Grass. These healing plants apparently come from Eastern Asia and help to hydrate and purify the skin. The Blue Lotus infuses the skin with vitamins and minerals. It has worked very well, my skin hasn't flared up and laps it up each morning and night.

The downside, however, is that when I read on the information leaflet about how 'rare' these precious ingredients were, I found myself wondering whether Amala should be picking and using these precious plants at all? (From an environmental point of view that didn't sit very well with me. I hope to gain more information on this soon.)
Amala do support global communities and growers from around the world, they are fairtrade too, and they give 5% of their profits back to the global farm network.
I also like the packaging. It is, lets say, 'minimalist eco luxury'. It is made from recycled paper using muted colours.
Overall this product is effective and functional. It made my skin feel lovely but for me it lacked the 'wow' factor.  It has a fruity scent with musky undertones (which I wasn't too keen on) and was a little underwhelmed by the smell of it after the first few days of using.
7/10

You can buy this moisturizer from:
http://www.beingcontent.com/skincare/moisturisers/purifying-moisturiser.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment