Thursday, November 8, 2012

Today's Organic Beauty Buy....

MyChelle Dermaceuticals 
Creamy Pumpkin Cleanser 130ml
£15.90

Hmmm...well.... where to start... this was the first MyChelle product I have used. I know they've been around for a while but to be honest I've always found their packaging a bit bland so haven't ever tried their products, nor have I ever had them recommended to me. However, last week I was given this Creamy Pumpkin cleanser to try so I thought I'd give it a go.
First impressions- I'm not keen on the packaging, it lacks personality and feels bland. It isn't clearly labelled 'organic' on the front of the box nor does it state a % of organic ingredients. However they do state it on the side of the box along with 'Cruelty Free', 'Vegan Friendly', 'Gluten Free' and '100% Post-consumer packaging'. Which is good.
The ingredients look good, can't spot any nasties on the label and they state they are free of harmful ingredients such as parabens, phthalates, ureas, petroleum based chemicals and artificial colours.. thumbs up for this too.
The cleanser contains pumpkin fruit and honey hydrate to refine the skins surface combined with a Blue Green Algae which is rich in minerals and antioxidants to soothe redness and irritation.

I have dry/ sensitive skin but I found this cleanser too rich, it actually left my chin feeling a little greasy which isn't great when you suffer from dermatitis (which ironically gets red and irritated with too much oil or heavy cleansers). I had to wash my face a few times after using because it just felt to heavy. It wasn't that I disliked it, it did the job. It was functional for everyday usage. It had a good consistency and colour and felt gentle. I really wasn't keen on the bitter smell of lime and nutmeg which hit the back of my throat. I feel for a cleanser targeting dry/sensitive skin it should be more delicately fragranced.

Verdict- I'm totally ambivalent about this product. It does the job but doesn't float my boat I'm afraid. 5/10





No comments:

Post a Comment