Friday, October 11, 2013

5 'Must Have' Winter skincare products

Winter is coming....

Yesterday the weather in London turned very cold. Over the past week my skin has changed quite radically, my dermatitis is in flare and I have a patch of eczema that has appeared out of nowhere on my right eye lid. My skin is literally freaking out at the change in temperature, that is why it is so important to keep my skin hydrated and nourished.
In the winter I try to improve my diet. I eat even more foods with omega 3,6,9 such as linseed and flaxseed, fish oils and eggs. More dark green veg (minerals and iron) and plenty berries and juices that are high in antioxidants. I also increase my liquid intake, in the summer I drink lots of water but as the cold sets in my thirst diminishes so I have to make an extra effort to ensure that I am staying hydrated.

It is important to protect your skin during the winter and we need products that are highly hydrating and nourishing to help with dry, raw, cracked skin. These are my top 5 buys for Autumn/ Winter 2013.


1. Autumn Facial Oil de Mamiel £60
This beautiful facial oil is perfect for cold autumn days. You massage a couple of drops into your face in upward strokes morning or night and it promises to:

  • Soothe post summer skin and hydrate in time for autumn and winter.
  • Helps to regenerate the skin and tone the complexion
  • Deeply nourishes to help heal and plump up the skin to reduce the appearance of ageing.
  • The ingredients are organic and include: Jasmine Sambac, Green Mandarin, Grapefruit, Geranium, Argan oil, Prickly Pear oil, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Rosehip and Carrot oil.

2. Goe Oil 85gm £32.00

This years ultimate beauty product. Goe oil is wonderfully multifunctional. I keep one in my handbag to use on my hands, cuticles and lips during the day.  I also keep one in the bathroom to use as a shaving oil, to nourish the tips of my hair, as a moisturizer for dry patches of skin and as a make up remover. Goe uses Jojoba oil and the beautifully scented Monoi oil, Pumpkin oil, Avocado oil, Meadowfoam, Chamomile and Calendula. It smells heavenly and works a treat. Who needs Elizabeth
Arden 8 hour cream when you have this totally natural version?!!


3. Organic Rose Water

It is important to keep your face well hydrated during the winter months. If I'm indoors with central heating on my skin can feel dry and tight so I love to keep a bottle of rose floral water nearby and give my face a hydrating spritz.
You can buy floral waters for anything up to £40 (which is very expensive) I find the basic ones from organic suppliers are just as effective. My favourites are Primevera Rose Water Hydrosol (£13) or Rose Floral Water from Materia Aromatic (£7 for 100ml).


4. Intelligent Nutrients Total Body Elixir 'Restore' £22


A favourite of mine. I adore this body oil. It is a thick, viscous body oil but strangely it is not greasy. It sinks in very quickly to leave your skin feeling like silk and very hydrated. It smells warm and spicy using many ancient medicinal oils such as Cinnamon, Ravensara, Oregano, Thyme and Patchouli. Perfect for a cold winter night after a bath.


5. Pai Organic Bergamont Lip Butter 10g £7.00

It's really important to protect your lips from the cold and wind during the winter months. There is nothing worse than sore, cracked lips!
My 'must have' lipbalm for this winter is by new, cult organic skincare brand Pai. It is very nourishing and contains Beeswax and Almond oil with the sweet citrus scent of Bergamot.









No comments:

Post a Comment