Saturday, August 31, 2013

Coconut oil. My saving grace.

It wasn't until recently that I became convinced of the benefits of coconut oil. In the past I was put off by its heavy, oily consistency. However, I thought I'd see what all the hype was about and give it a try... I now freely admit that I have become a total coconut oil convert! I buy fair trade, cold-pressed, unrefined, organic coconut oil which hasn't been heated and therefore still contains all its nutrients. I finally 'get' the coconut oil phenomenon: it's not for everyone; these are the best uses I have discovered and why I now can't live without it...  (I'd love to hear your experiences of using coconut oil).


1.) It makes an awesome make up remover
Far more effective than any cleansing wipe or petroleum based make up remover. I put a couple of drops of warm coconut oil on to a cotton wool pad and it gently lifts the grime off my face and is great for removing even tough, clumpy make up such as mascara. It has become my everyday make up remover that I always follow with a deep cleanse. Remember, oil removes oil, that is why it is so effective and it doesn't strip the skin of its natural oils. I believe there is no better organic make up remover for your skin.

2.) Everyday body moisturiser
I have started using coconut oil as a body oil after my showers in the morning. I put it on when my body is still warm and damp so it soaks in quickly. It leaves my skin feeling like silk and I like the summery scent of coconut. If you don't like the scent of coconut a brilliant alternative is Monoi oil from Tahiti which is coconut oil that has been infused with frangipani flowers and smells AMAZING!

3.) A conditioner for dry hair
I only use a few drops of the oil and run it through the ends of my hair to hydrate it and make it look glossy. You only need a few drops but I think it is just as effective as Argan oil on the hair.

4.) A hydrating bath milk
You only need a couple of drops to create a lovely, nourishing bath milk. Add a couple of drops of essential oils to your coconut oil for a scented bath. I love to add either lemon for a refreshing bath or rose for a relaxing one.

5.) Dry skin healer
It has proven to help dry, cracked skin and to help heal scar tissue. It has also been known to help soothe dry skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. I use it on my dry elbows and heels.


Coconut oil has so many benefits: it is brilliant for boosting your immunity, raising your metabolism and improving mental alertness once digested.
Coconut oil has become a staple product in both my kitchen and my bathroom cabinet. I am so hooked I think I'd really struggle if it was taken away from me! It is reasonably priced and lasts for ages. Here are some of my favourite organic coconut oil suppliers and some lovely, scrummy coconut recipes!!

Suppliers:

http://www.viridian-nutrition.com/Shop/100-Organic-Raw-Virgin-Coconut-Oil-P534.aspx

http://www.biona.co.uk/page-204.html

http://www.tiana-coconut.com/

Coconut Recipes:
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/mar/09/10-best-coconut-recipes


11 comments:

  1. Great Post. Love this blog! Geeta
    www.sopureskincare.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Geeta. So pleased you like the post! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exciting! I'm a massive almond oil convert but this has inspired me to give coconut oil a go. Will let you know how I get on...

    http://www.jolinaturellement.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great information of how to make use of coconut oil in different way. The coconut suppliers get more outcome and return from the coconuts send for making oil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An additional common intercommodity distribute will be the bust distribute. That distribute indicates the actual interrelationship in between heating system fat, fuel, in addition to raw fat. Inside the exact same fashion on the soybean mash distribute, fat refiners make an effort to hedge his or her threat coming from raw fat price ranges and it is enhanced products bonny light crude oil suppliers

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are many different types of headaches and if you have the same synthetic medicine every day it will be a time where you don't get results. Try using natural remedies like essential oils.
    essential oils for colds

    ReplyDelete
  7. superb post. marachekku oil gives the best quality oil. and it is best moisturizer for all type of skin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete