Thursday, January 10, 2013

Intelligent Nutrients. A Review.


I have been interested in Intelligent Nutrients since reading about its founder Horst Rechelbacher's philosophy to create an effective, active, intelligent beauty line using only organic ingredients. Horst brings his vast experience as the founder of Aveda to this is brand. You can read more on his story here; http://liberateyourskin.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/aveda-founders-mission-to-clean-up.html

'Restore-Urgent' Total Body Elixir £22 50ml
I chose the 'Restore- Urgent' elixir as I have been feeling quite run down recently. This is a lovely elixir to apply after a bath or shower when your energy is low and you are in need of some nurturing. I found the scents warm, spicy and exotic without being over-powering. The texture is more like a serum and thankfully not too greasy, it is a rich, viscous oil which absorbs well and leaves the skin feeling moisturized for hours.  The oil contains spicy medicinal oils of Ravintsara, oregano, everlasting and cinnamon combined with rosemary and thyme for energy boost.

Harmonically Made Sambac Jasmine Total Body Elixir £50 50ml

I found this elixir quite incredible. The texture and consistency was similar to the 'Restore' elixir but it felt more luxurious to apply, a rich golden colour and an aroma to die for! The Jasmine Sambac is supercritically distilled and from sustainably wildcrafted Jasmine in India. Unlike a huge amount of other organic oils and elixirs the scent seems to fix to the skin. Perfect to apply before going out for the evening. I didn't need to wear any perfume when using this elixir and had so many people ask me what 'perfume' I was wearing. You can also use this Elixir in your hair to condition the ends. An intoxicating organic beauty product that is definitely going to make my '2013 Must Have' list.

Overall Thoughts on the Intelligent Nutrients
I really like Intelligent Nutrients but I think there is a bit too much going on in terms of information for the consumer, it took me quite a while to work out which products I'd benefit from and whilst I think Intelligent Nutrients is an incredible feat for the organic beauty industry I think they need to be careful to not make their brand too worthy, as this could turn off many consumers. Their organic certified skincare and haircare products are beautiful, sophisticated and effective and the consumer can buy and use them with absolute confidence. In an industry that only needs one ingredient to label a product 'organic' this 100% organic philosophy is all that really matters. Not to mention the range is suitable for guys and girls. I look forward to trying out more of the Intelligent Nutrients range.

Have you tried any of the Intelligent Nutrients skincare line? What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Love the look of the these, Jasmine just sounds gorgeous and incredibly tempting! x

    http://www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should give the Jasmine one a go if you can. I am obsessed with it :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging. Very excellent blog post. I am thankful for your blog post.
    reusable cotton pads

    ReplyDelete