Friday, November 2, 2012

Today's Star Organic Beauty Buy.....


Ila, Face Scrub For Glowing Radiance. £38

I have always been a big fan of Ila products. They only use organic, ethically sourced ingredients produced by indigenous communities and sustainable growers from around the world. The quality of their natural, active ingredients is very apparent when using their products, which makes the process of application feel like some kind of opulent ritual. I wish every product I use could have such an effect!
I think Ila really do lead (an often conflicted) beauty industry by example. Their products (hand blended in the Cotswolds) manage to be beautiful, luxurious, pure, effective & benefit the world in which we live.  Unfortunately, like a lot of other wonderful, organic, handmade brands they are pretty expensive.



I have been using the Face Scrub for Glowing Radiance for a couple of weeks and my skin loves it! It is so gentle, it doesn't feel abrasive to use and it literally smells and looks like ground up Blackcurrants..yummy! It contains Cotswold honey, Blackcurrants, Rose Otto and Sandalwood. I have been massaging it in small circles around my face and following it with my Ila toner (Rose Damascena) and their Face Oil For Glowing Radiance. I really like this face scrub, my only quibble is it is a little messy to use as the tiny specks of crushed Blackcurrant seem to like to travel all over the place, but this is its only flaw and it is SO worth using irrespective of this. Ila products do a fantastic job of giving you that 'after spa day' feel at home. My skin looks and feels wonderful after using this scrub for two weeks, and, I must say, I think even my soul feels little better too! ;-)

9/10.

http://www.ila-spa.com/shop/skincare/face-scrub-glowing-radiance

3 comments:

  1. Wow I was really surprised to see that the scrub was literally black. It's so hard to find reviews on Ila Spa products, they are really in the expensive side but they sound like they make the skin to really glow! I am actually really intrigued, my wishlist just got bigger and bigger :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, surprisingly I never knew this.I have been reading your blog a lot over the past few days and it has earned a place in my bookmarks.Thanks for sharing with us.
    Organic Skincare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Breonna. It's always lovely to get great feedback :-) I hope you continue to enjoy the blog and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on various organic products. Thanks again, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete