Monday, September 24, 2012

'Sprout' The organic skincare brand taking NYC by storm!


Recently I discovered a brand called 'Sprout' it was founded by two New Yorkers Adina and Adam. Adina spent years trying out different products to sort out her problem skin and eventually a friend gave her a handmade skincare product recipe book and the rest is history...
She and Adam started making all their own products by hand and each product uses a maximum of 5 ingredients. The ingredients are organic, vegan and ethically sourced. 
I tried the Sprout shea butter cream, it comes in a glass jam jar with some funky branding. I liked it- it felt nourishing, like a balm, it was very soothing for my try elbows and knees! It made me feel good to buy a brand that gives back to the community and each pot has a a little label stating the person's name who handmade the product, which is a lovely, personal touch.
I appreciate this brand and how it's grown in such an organic way but I'm not sure it's sophisticated enough to produce effective face products and I'm not sure if that's the direction the founders are looking to take it, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Current trends show that the consumer at the moment is overwhelmed by the vast ingredients and chemicals in modern skincare and is craving simplicity. This brand certainly fits the bill!
However, for me as much as I love the brand I felt the price point was too high. $32 for a jar of shea butter is pretty pricey, I think it needs to come down a notch.
I really admire Adina and Adam and think this is a great line of products. Sprout has had rave reviews-here are a few:




 
"I just heard about this small, Brooklyn-based company that is only 1 year old and got so excited about what they do. Everything owner and founder Adina makes is completely natural and is made up of ingredients that you can find at the supermarket (or rather, the organic green market). It’s the way it should be, made once a week in small batches, using glass jars and supporting local, sustainable farms."

"…an eco-friendly and affordable detox (for your skin).

Here is a video by Sprout Founders:

Have you tried Sprout products? Do you like them? let us know your thoughts :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment