Monday, August 20, 2012

Is Rose Hip oil a 'miracle' beauty product?








Hey Folks,
My new found love is Rose hip oil. I really think it is a bit of a miracle product!  For those of you who don't know much about it Rose hip oil is packed full of essential fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants, rose hip oil is a healing oil that has the ability to deeply nourish and balance all skin types.

What is it?
Rose hip oil is a fruit oil extracted from the hip of the rose. The hip is the fruit that is left after the rose has bloomed and the petals have fallen. It is a very fine oil that can be easily absorbed by skin and doesn't leave any residue.

Why is it so effective?
The essential fatty acids it contains include omega-3, 6 and 9. They are really important for not only our general health but for the health of our skin as they help the skin cells regenerate and repair damaged skin tissue.
It is these essential fatty acids in rose hip that rehydrate dry, sun damaged skin cells and improve the appearance of  burns, scars, wrinkles and stretch marks.



Why do I think it's such an amazing product? 
Well I have used it constantly to minimize my scars after my operations and it has been far more effective than bio oil (which is cheap but full of crap!). I also now use it most nights on my face (See today's star organic beauty buy for my current favourite). 
My skin just soaks up the oil when I put it on at night and I've been waking up in the morning glowing!  It is a very light oil so using it is similar to using a night serum and you only need a couple of drops.

It's not cheap but I implore every to go and buy a small bottle if you can. It is one of the best beauty investments I've made this year.

These are the two brands I like the best but let me know if you know of any other good ones?

Kosmea (£29)
http://www.kosmea.com.au/

Trilogy (£16)
http://www.trilogyproducts.com

Both brands are certified organic and ethically sourced.

I would love to hear your thoughts/ opinions on Rosehip Oil and whether or not you like it as much as I do!

Love,

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment